We are all aware of today’s competitive corporate world. One of the most significant challenges this competition poses to businesses is the inadequacy of quality employees. Today, it’s all about writing a proper job posting. Have a look at these 6 techniques to win quality candidates for your business.
With the shrinkage of the talent pools of businesses, organizations must consider overhauling their recruitment processes to attract more candidates. One way of achieving this is to use your job posting to compel more candidates to apply. Just follow these 6 killer ways to attract candidates to your job posting, and you’re good to roll!
1. Write Better Job Descriptions
While writing your job descriptions, make sure that it isn’t a piece of text flying around. It should be informative and detailed. Your job descriptions should have an appropriate job title and list the skills and experiences that are asked of the candidates.
Writing in bullet points is an excellent way of grabbing the reader’s attention since they are much easier to read. Your job description should be written in a friendly tone. This way, the candidate feels emotionally connected. Also, don’t forget to mention the salary – 67% of job seekers try to find information about wages when researching a company or looking at job ads, says Glassdoor.
2. Don’t Shy Away From Describing Your Organization’s Culture.
Describing the workplace environment in the job posting tends to attract more candidates to the job. This way, they get to know about the organization’s culture. You should describe it in a way that appeals to the viewer and makes them want to be a part of the company. It would be best if you mentioned how your company is an excellent place to work at.
3. Do Advertising The Right Way
Zety says that 79% of job seekers use social media for their job search. Using social media to advertise your job ads is an excellent way of attracting top talent since social media is used by everyone these days. Plan where you want to place your ad wisely by considering where your target audience is most likely to come across it.
4. Use A Design That Entices The Reader To Apply
Research done by Software Advice found that 51% of the applicants claim that they find job ads with images more inviting. Visual aids play an essential role in catching the viewers’ attention. You can use them to your benefit. Use a design that charms the viewers and use it to win top candidates.
5. Make It Easy To Apply And Don’t Forget A Call-To-Action
Your job should be easy to apply for. The candidate shouldn’t have to go through a prolonged process to use for your job. This way, they may lose interest and apply for another job instead. Filling out a short form is enough and should make it easy for candidates to apply. Also, you must add a call-to-action in your posting. Adding an ‘Apply Now’ button can help you with that.
6. Keep It Brief
According to research, shorter job posts receive 8.4% more applications per view than average. While giving out the necessary information is imperative, you must keep your job posting concise. This way, the candidate doesn’t feel that reading the job posting would waste their time.
More Resources on “6 Killer Ways To Attract Candidates To Your Job Posting”
- 6 Best Innovative Recruitment Marketing Strategies – Harver – How to attract the right candidates to your company? By adding these 6 innovative recruitment marketing strategies into your talent acquisition process! (harver.com)
- 3 Real-life Examples of Job Descriptions That Stand Out – (linkedin.com)
- How to Write a Job Description That Attracts Awesome Applicants – Learn how to write a job description that attracts potential job candidates and encourages them to apply. (blog.hubspot.com)
- Job Posting Template – Learn how to write a great job ad, and be sure to download our free template. (betterteam.com)
- 10 tips for crafting highly effective job descriptions – Hiring great talent starts with attracting great talent. Here’s how to create effective, engaging and inclusive job descriptions targeted to the best candidates for the job. (cio.com)
- How to Make a Job Ad That Attracts Candidates (with Examples) – Toggl Blog – If you want to create a job ad that makes candidates immediately apply instead of going back to browsing Facebook, this is the place to start. (toggl.com)
- Infographic – 6 Tips for Writing Killer Public Sector Job Descriptions – Download our infographic to get six tips for improving your job postings and … Attracting enough qualified candidates to public sector positions is becoming… (info.neogov.com)
- Six job description fails to avoid – Your job description is a candidate’s first look at your company and the role. Good job descriptions inform; great job descriptions can attract and excite. But poor job descriptions can be fatal—they may attract unqualified candidates and even deter top talent from applying. (whoco.com)
- 9 Simple Steps to Writing a Compelling Job Advertisement – Writing an effective job ad that targets the right candidates will improve the quality of your ad response. Here’s how to write a killer job ad. (zippia.com)
- 6 tips for writing a great sales job description [Examples of good and bad] – College Recruiter – To fill the position quickly, you might be tempted to cut corners. To attract the best candidates, follow these tips when writing a sales job description. (collegerecruiter.com)
- 6 Ways to Find Best Fit Talent – “HR should be every company’s ‘killer app.’ What could possibly be more important than who gets hired…” –Jack Welch, ex-CEO of GE Finding good candidat es isn’t hard. Finding qualified applicants can be difficult. However, finding the best-fit talent, both… (recruiterbox.com)
- 10 Resume Writing Tips To Help You Land a Job – A well-written resume can help get the attention of hiring managers that may eventually lead to a job offer. Here are a few key resume writing tips that can help your resume stand out. (indeed.com)
- How to Create the Best Job Posting Template – OLX People – Learn how to write job description and explore 13 effective job description formats to attract more candidates for your recruitment drive. (olxpeople.com)
- How to Write a Great Job Posting (2021) – Interested in learning how to create a great job posting? You’re not alone. A well-crafted job posting could be the… Read More » (apollotechnical.com)
- 6 Essential Elements of a Killer Career Page (cornerstoneondemand.com)
- How to Write a Brilliant Job Description (2 Templates & 12 Examples) – Do you know how long a prospective candidate will spend reading your job ad? Six seconds. With more than three billion job listings online at any given moment, standing out from the crowd might mean the difference between finding the greatest team member possible or having to settle for the best of … (process.st)
- Talent Acquisition: A Guide to Understanding and Managing the… – (shrm.org)
- How To Attract Top Talent With Strong Job Descriptions – How to attract top talent? Write strong job descriptions with these tips, templates, phrases, and vocabulary! (blog.talaera.com)
- 75% of job seekers research an organization’s reputation before applying for a job. (harver.com)
- Over 60% of job seekers have had a negative candidate experience , while 72% of them decided to voice their dissatisfaction publicly. (harver.com)
- Namely, 83% of candidates emphasize that negative experiences can hurt their perceptions of an employer. (harver.com)
- 45% of job seekers look for professional opportunities on their mobile devices, while 89% of them believe that mobile experiences are important in job hunting. (harver.com)
- The LinkedIn survey says that 49% of professionals are following relevant organizations on social networks to keep pace with their recruitment processes. (harver.com)
- “We found that neutral wording in job listings resulted in 42 percent more applicants than listings that contained gendered words,” says Siegel. (cio.com)
- In interesting research done by Software Advice , 51% of respondents claim they would find an ad with images more appealing than one without them. (toggl.com)
- For 30% of respondents, they would be most attracted to your company’s products or services. (toggl.com)
- For 22% of applicants, seeing your employees in the image would make a job ad more appealing. (toggl.com)