In today’s rapidly changing times, software developers are a hot catch. In the industry, software developers are in high demand. This means that there is cut-throat competition in the corporate world for hiring these individuals. Follow these 5 simple steps to acquire highly qualified software developers for your team.
According to Evans Data Corporation, there were 26.4 million software engineers worldwide in 2019. This figure is anticipated to rise to 27.7 million in 2023 and 28.7 million in 2024. The number of software developers in the United States has surpassed 4.2 million, putting it at top of the list. Those are huge numbers, but only the top companies with supreme hiring strategies get their pick of the bunch.
Follow these 5 simple steps to get your share of professional software developers.
1. Write a captivating job post for software developers
Writing a riveting job post is the first and foremost rule for hiring top talent. The same goes for hiring software developers. Don’t be shy of letting the software developers know about your company. List the required skills and experience that are prerequisites for the job. Be communicative of important dates in the recruitment process.
While writing the job description, you can list the employee benefits to make the job posting as compelling as possible. According to Glassdoor, most job searchers are drawn to competitive perks (48%), a comfortable commute (47%), and reasonably high pay (46%). Make your job post informative and brief at the same time. Don’t forget to mention the salary that you’d be willing to pay them.
2. Advertise your job posting as much as you can
Tap into the power of social media, as that’s what people use most nowadays. Glassdoor says that 79% of job seekers use social media to search for a job. This 79% includes software developers as well. You can also use the help of other online hiring platforms like ‘Indeed’ and ‘LinkedIn.’ Optimizing your job post on Google is also a must so that it reaches your target audience.
3. Don’t be shy away from employee referrals.
Employee referrals are a quick way to get your competitive share of software developers. Encourage your employees to participate in employee referral programs. In your employee referral programs, make it crystal clear to your employees what skills, attitude, and expertise you want from your prospective software developers.
4. Keep an eye out on technical blogs.
Many software developers like to update their profiles and maintain blogs. These blogs showcase their talents by highlighting their accomplishments and projects. You can reach out to these candidates through their blogs to hire them permanently for your organization.
5. Make use of open-source portals.
Microsoft believes open source software is the new “industry-accepted model for cross-company collaboration.” Open-source recruitment platforms like Recruity, Mighty Recruiter, and OrangeHRM are easy and free ways to hire software developers. Professional software developers are very active on these portals, and you can hire them readily. These candidates have open profiles. This way, you can filter the candidate according to the skills you’re looking for.
More Resources on “Finding Software Developers – 5 Simple Steps That Guarantee Success”
- 10 Habits of Highly Successful Software Developers – Learn the 10 traits that separate great software developers from ordinary ones—and we’re not talking about specific technical skills. (newrelic.com)
- Hire Software Engineers: 5 Tips To Success – Software engineers are in short supply. To find software engineers and get them on board is no easy feat. Here are five tips to hire software engineers. (fullscale.io)
- Five Pitfalls To Avoid When Outsourcing Software Development – Stack Overflow Blog – If you’re not careful, what starts as an effort to save time and money can quickly mutate into a major headache. (stackoverflow.blog)
- 15 Tips for Managing a Software Project – Software project managers are in high demand and earn a high salary. If you’re looking to move into the field, these 15 tips will help set you up for success. (northeastern.edu)
- The IT outsourcing industry garnered $62 billion in revenue in 2018 and has become a truly global business; you’re just as likely to outsource work to Ukraine or Canada as you are to India or Brazil. (stackoverflow.blog)
- According to Indeed, the median salary for software project managers is more than $126,000 per year. (northeastern.edu)
- What’s more, the projected job growth rate for this discipline is 11 percent , compared to seven percent for all management occupations. (northeastern.edu)