As the world made a leap from normal to pandemic conditions, there was a spike in online recruitment. But, as the world shifts to normal once again, companies are going for a hybrid recruitment model. But, what is hybrid recruitment?
What is hybrid recruitment?
Essentially, hybrid recruitment is an intelligent mix of virtual recruitment tactics and physical/in-person recruiting. This approach uses the top features of both of these talent acquisition strategies to combine them into one robust talent drive that is even better than each of them individually.
Hybrid models are a rolling success and 66% of companies planned to participate in the virtual recruiting held/to be held in 2020 and 2021, according to NACE.
During the pandemic, organizations shifted from in-person recruitment to virtual recruitment due to necessity. However, using this model brought into light the benefits of this approach, which were undeniably yielding. Hiring experts used these benefits to combine them with the benefits of in-person talent acquisition to come up with a far superior recruitment process – hybrid recruitment.
According to a Brazen Study, 96% of people say that hybrid recruitment is the best way to acquire talent.
Benefits of hybrid recruitment
Using hybrid recruitment tactics, organizations get to use the best of both physical and virtual hiring procedures. The candidates go through a better recruitment procedure while at the same time minimizing costs for the company. The process is also much more efficient and swift.
There are no time and location constraints, and it is highly convenient for both parties. And if anything goes sideways, there's always an option to shift to physical recruitment. The physical element of this approach works to provide in-person interviews, tours, and other events relevant to the hiring procedure.
Through hybrid models of recruitment, the candidate reach is higher, which streamlines the process. You get greater access to talented individuals who get to be very resourceful for the organization. Being hybrid means that the talent drive is carefully planned and is quick to respond to any challenges.
Will hybrid recruitment be still a thing in future?
The short answer to this is: YES. Shifting operations during the pandemic has been a great ordeal, but it was not without its benefits. People are now more inclined towards online procedures, or better yet, hybrid models to get anything done.
“Virtual hiring has enhanced our speed to market processing. It’s helping us meet our goals in less time – for us, it’s here to stay as part of our overall recruiting strategy,” says Cathy Henesey, Executive Director, Talent Acquisition, AdventHealth.
Companies and businesses are not willing to let go of this virtual environment any time soon, as it has brought great convenience to them in their operations. Hybrid talent acquisition helps the company in building competent teams that work effectively and efficiently.
Tips for an effective hybrid recruitment process
To result in an efficacious hybrid recruitment process, you need to follow these tips:
- Have a solid plan and strategy before implementing the process.
- Think about where you want to post your job placement. Posting it everywhere is never a good option. Job portals are best for posting your jobs.
- Be clear with the job description. List the roles, qualifications, and duties you expect the candidate to perform.
Additional Resources on "Hybrid Recruitment – All you need to know about it"
- The hybrid workforce is coming: Here's what you need to know - Now is the time for organizations to reimagine how and where work gets done in the post-pandemic economy. (benefitspro.com)
- The Hybrid Recruiting Playbook - Get Your Copy - This 20 page ebook will walk you through every step of implementing a hybrid recruiting approach to your hiring process. (resources.brazen.com)
- Hybrid Jobs: What They Are and How to Get One - More companies are looking for professionals who have specialized skills in multiple areas for so-called hybrid jobs. Learn what these are and how to get one. (roberthalf.com)
- 7 best practices to recruit and onboard a hybrid workforce - Because of the pandemic, HR pros have had to recruit and onboard differently. Here are best practices to virtually hire a hybrid workforce. (hrmorning.com)
- Breaking the Hybrid Barrier: how to recruit and retain top talent - Recruiters have to cope with the new normal: an overwhelming percentage of applicants now expect to work from home at least part of the time. (futureofwork.webex.com)
- Hybrid work for businesses: Everything you need to know - Highlights 55% of employees want to work remotely at least three days a week. Hybrid work can help to boost team morale and reduce staff turnover, helping (ringcentral.com)
- What is the Hybrid Jobs Economy? Future-Proof Your Career with FutureLearn - Hybrid jobs are becoming increasingly popular. But what exactly are they and how can you prepare for them? We take a look at everything you need to know about the changing job market. (futurelearn.com)
- What is the hybrid workplace model? - Ideas - The COVID-19 pandemic created new ways of working. Here’s what you need to know about the hybrid workplace. (wework.com)
- 💻 A New Era of Recruitment: What Is Hybrid Recruitment? - What is hybrid recruitment, and how can you make it work for your talent acquisition efforts? Read our article for the full story. (personio.com)
- The Joys Of Hybrid Work. Ten Things We Have Learned. - Hybrid work is a huge step forward. Here are the ten things we've learned, and why a hybrid work policy will work for everyone. (joshbersin.com)
- Recruiting at Hybrid Workplaces: Showcasing Inclusivity - Guest blog by Eric Barrier. The COVID-19 pandemic gave workplaces around the world a chance to try out remote work. Companies and employees alike learned (jazzhr.com)
- Are You Ready for the Rise of 'Hybrid' Jobs? - Here's what you should know. (fortune.com)
- About half of all companies will implement a hybrid work model, and nearly 25% already have it in place, according to a West Monroe study That makes recruiting and hiring even more interesting. (hrmorning.com)
- Many organizations faced drastic changes this past year, such as moving from in-person experiences to 100% virtual or hybrid. (hrmorning.com)
- When I coach executives, I teach that early learners and skilled experts generally represent 15% of your workforce respectively in other words, 30% of your employees need extra-watchful care. (futureofwork.webex.com)
- Gartner survey found that 55% of respondents performed better when given some choice over how and where they worked, compared to just 36% of those who were full-time office workers . (ringcentral.com)
- They estimate that these hybrid jobs will grow by around 21% over the next ten years. (futurelearn.com)
- A majority of respondents (56 percent) also said they liked going into the office for in-person work with their colleagues. (jazzhr.com)