Small businesses are the backbone of a country’s economy. Being such a huge contributor, small businesses still struggle to get suitable candidates. However, LinkedIn can help you with that, and today we will discuss ‘how?’
There are 30.7 million small businesses in the United States, which accounts for 99.9% of all companies in the USA (SBA, 2019). And these businesses occupy 48% of the workforce. Still, when it comes to recruitment drives, they are always a challenge. To overcome this challenge, you can always use LinkedIn.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a business and employment-focused internet service that operates through websites and mobile applications. The website, which was launched on May 5, 2003, is mainly used for professional networking, and it allows job seekers to submit their CVs and companies to offer vacancies.
Using LinkedIn For Small-Business Recruitment
“Active participation on LinkedIn is the best way to say, ‘Look at me!’ without saying ‘Look at me!’,” says Bobby Darnell.
There are paid ways as well, but today we’ll be only looking at free ways to attract people using LinkedIn. Follow these steps for effective recruitment for your small businesses using LinkedIn:
Create your Company’s profile on LinkedIn
Creating your Company’s profile on LinkedIn is the first step towards moving towards your goal. Your Company should have an official business profile enriched by the stories, accomplishments, and services offered by your Company.
Once you have a profile, you need to be active on LinkedIn. Posting frequent updates on your account is an excellent way of doing that. This attracts followers and gives them awareness. This way, you are one step closer to hiring as you are being noticed on LinkedIn. These followers may be your prospective employees.
Encourage Your Employees To Create LinkedIn Profiles And Connect With Their Profiles
Once your employees have LinkedIn profiles, make sure they are connected with you and appear as your current employees. This way, anyone who notices or follows them on LinkedIn will trace them back to your Company’s page, and you get a raise in followers. When this happens, the chances are that there will be more traffic on your account, and many people may connect with you.
Use Filters To Find Candidates
Another great way of finding the top talent for your small businesses using LinkedIn is by using their filters. You can use data to filter candidates efficiently. You need to enter the skills, experience, and other factors you are looking for and let their algorithm filter out the candidates you’d be willing to reach out to.
Use LinkedIn To Advertise Your Job
Innovatively designing a job ad and posting it on your Company’s profile is an excellent way of attracting candidates as LinkedIn is flooded with people who are actively/passively looking for a job. LinkedIn is an excellent resource for locating leads. According to Hubspot, LinkedIn is 277% more successful than Facebook and Twitter in generating hiring leads. When you post a job ad on LinkedIn, people will apply for it through your ad, and you might get your pick of top candidates.
More Resources on “Recruiting For Small Businesses – Using LinkedIn For Talent Acquisition”
- How Small Businesses Can Use LinkedIn to Recruit – (linkedin.com)
- 3 Insights Small Business Recruiters Should Share to Get C-Suite… – (business.linkedin.com)
- What is Talent Acquisition and How to Do It – Job recruiting addresses a company’s short-term headcount needs. Talent acquisition, on the other hand, is an overall business and HR strategy that factors in… (linkedin.com)
- Recruiting for Small Business – You can get a lot from LinkedIn—which we’ll cover in this book —but thousands of small businesses use one of our premium sourcing tools, Recruiter Lite or … (business.linkedin.com)
- 5 Strategies Every Small Business Can Use to Recruit Great Talent – (linkedin.com)
- [Report] How Small Businesses Attract and Hire Top Talent … – (business.linkedin.com)
- Talent Acquisition: A Guide to Understanding and Managing the … – 21 Other Issues in Managing the Recruitment Function. 31 Conclusion. 33 Sources and … The use of social networking websites like LinkedIn and Facebook has grown rapidly for recruiting. In 2009, for … often categories for small businesses. (shrm.org)
- Insights Into How Small Businesses Hire – and methods other companies use, how to run successful referral programs— and a … When it comes to recruiting talent, small businesses are eager to take advantage … Use. LinkedIn people search with keywords like “recruiter” and. “ staffing. (business.linkedin.com)
- Why a Talent Acquisition Strategy Is Your Small Business’s Secret Weapon – Glassdoor for Employers – Among the vast menu of options, here are a few key talent acquisition strategies that small businesses can use to hire the best. (glassdoor.com)
- The essential talent acquisition strategy and process for small businesses – Learn how to develop the essential talent acquisition strategy and process to help your small business attract, hire, and retain top talents. (melitagroup.com)
- Recruitment Solutions Reviews & Testimonials – Read reviews of our recruitment solutions from our customers. … See how companies around the world are using LinkedIn … How a small business played to its strengths to attract top talent by showcasing the big impact of their employees. (business.linkedin.com)
- A recent study done by Bersin , an HR Consulting arm of Deloitte, found that employee turnover can be reduced by 28% simply by investing in employer branding. (melitagroup.com)
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the price of a bad hire is equal to at least 30% of the employees first-year earnings. (melitagroup.com)
- It’s been found that 15% of candidates who have a positive hiring experience put forth more effort in the job. (melitagroup.com)