After the pandemic, it was only logical that companies shift towards online hiring processes for talent acquisition. You'll come across two terms when you talk about online recruitment – Virtual Recruitment Platforms & Online Interview Tools. But, which is better? Let’s find out.
According to a study conducted by SproutSocial, 59% of recruiters cited finding high-quality candidates when sourcing from social media.
What Are Virtual Recruitment Platforms?
A virtual hiring platform is your one stop solution to every virtual hiring need. It is loaded with powerful features to help you promote and strategize your recruitment process. It allows you to interact with candidates, uplift your job posting, follow up with the right candidate, and nurture potential job holders during your talent acquisition drive.
You can educate job seekers with your requirements through video presentations and other material, and hold questions & answers sessions. Virtual recruitment platforms provide seamless communication between the hiring managers and the candidates. There's also an option for on-demand chats, and you can schedule follow-up interviews with the candidates as well.
What Are Online Interview Tools?
Online interview tools facilitate effective communication between the candidates and the talent team through text messages, calls, and video conferences. However, the recruitment process is not as interactive and all-inclusive as virtual recruitment platforms.
Virtual interview tools create a lobby of candidates before the interviewing stage; the respective candidates wait for their turns in the lobby to get a chance to communicate with the hiring managers. During this time, there's nothing to retain the candidate's attention or to engage them. Naturally, it causes many people to drop out. Also, they don't have as many virtual recruitment platforms that might give the candidates an engaging hiring procedure.
Which Is Better - Virtual Recruitment Platforms Or Online Interview Tools?
As you might have already guessed – Virtual recruitment platforms are far more preferred by both candidates and hiring managers. Online interview tools are great, but they aren't practical when many candidates await the queue. Plus, they don't have as many features as virtual recruitment platforms. As a result, there's a more significant workload on the talent acquisition team.
Virtual recruitment platforms allow for a comprehensive and interactive experience for both parties. The recruiting staff can quickly build relationships and walk the candidates through the process using online recruitment platforms.
Using Virtual Platforms To Enhance The Candidate Experience
The finest virtual recruiting event systems include a plethora of additional features that elevate the events, such as a superior mobile experience and the ability to seamlessly transition from a text-based chat to a live video interview. The ease of connection makes applicants feel unique, builds trust, and enhances engagement throughout the recruitment process. In short – they provide a great hiring experience for the candidates.
The Best Recruitment Platforms You Can Go For
Listed below are the top five virtual recruitment platforms, as recommended by CollegeRecruiter.
Additional Resources on "Virtual Recruitment Platforms Vs. Online Interview Tools"
- Video Interviewing In Recruitment: Best Practices And Tools For Success - Video interviewing is growing in popularity. In times of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is an essential part in a recruiter's toolbox. Learn all about it here! (harver.com)
- Your Guide to Virtual Recruiting: Everything You Need to Know - How can your company implement virtual recruiting to hire candidates remotely? And what benefits does it bring? Learn all about virtual recruiting here! (harver.com)
- Recruiters Share Their Top Virtual Recruitment Tips (careers.usc.edu)
- The Top 12 Best Video Interviewing Platforms - April 2021 - Here are the best video interview platforms to help you screen more candidates faster. We break down the ROI, common pitfalls, and everything else you need to know before buying a video interview platform. (selectsoftwarereviews.com)
- Conducting Online Interviews Guide To Virtual Hiring - Most recruitment processes have an online element. Here's what you should know about online interviews as a recruiter. Guide, actionable tips + list of top tools (vervoe.com)
- Codility: Assess Developer Skills with Online Coding Tests - Assess coding skills, not resumes. Test developer skills with online coding tests and run technical coding interviews with remote engineers. (codility.com)
- Top 10 video interviewing tools for a virtual hiring toolkit - Even before COVID-19, more recruiters turned to video interviewing tools for their ability to quickly connect with job candidates. Whether looking for essential workers or candidates who will work ... (searchhrsoftware.techtarget.com)
- The Pros and Cons of Virtual and In-Person Interviews - Virtual interviewing became essential in 2020 for most companies when in-person job interviews were suddenly stopped due to social distancing orders. (shrm.org)
- Virtual Hiring Events - Virtual hiring events help you recruit top talent. Learn how Brazen's hiring events platform helps you engage and chat via text and video online. (brazen.com)
- A Guide to Virtual Recruiting Success - Make the most of virtual recruiting efforts by following the tips and tricks outlined in this post. (smartrecruiters.com)
- Coronavirus hiring: How recruiters are selecting and interviewing job candidates during the pandemic - In an age of remote work and social distancing, recruiters are using text messaging and social media networks like LinkedIn and Instagram to engage prospective hires. (cnbc.com)
- 10 Virtual Recruiting Platforms to Enhance Your Campus Recruiting Process - Whether you’re sourcing for candidates online or joining traditional career fairs, here are 10 campus recruiting platforms to be excited about. (rakuna.co)
- How to prepare for and land a job at a virtual career fair - Hiring candidates for internships and full-time positions has transformed into a virtual process. Here are tips to prepare for and navigate the online recruitment experience. (cnbc.com)
- 9 Tips for Mastering Your Next Virtual Interview - Virtual interviews make it hard to convey emotion, market your skills, and form a connection. Our tips will help you master the art of video interviews. (online.hbs.edu)
- Best 10 Video Interviewing Tools - Looking for best video interviewing tools in 2021? These tools assist HR personnel, hiring managers, and recruiters in identifying the best candidates. (recruiterslineup.com)
- An OfficeTeam survey revealed that 63% use (or have used) video interviewing in their hiring process recently. (harver.com)
- According to RecRight, companies are 2.7 times more likely to improve their cost per hire using video interviews. (harver.com)
- With 90% of large companies and 68% of SMBs estimated to use an ATS, applicant tracking systems are the biggest category of recruiting software. (ideal.com)
- With a recent survey finding 63% of HR managers having conducted an online interview, video interviewing software is becoming an important part of the recruiting tech stack. (ideal.com)
- Surveys show that more than 80% of Fortune 500 companies are using pre-hire assessments. (ideal.com)
- Traitify's assessments are quick and effective taking an average of only 90 seconds to complete with a completion rate of 90% or higher. (ideal.com)