In today’s world, the competition in the corporate world is higher than ever. In times like these, getting suitable candidates for your job can be a challenge. But you know what? The problem might be your job ad. Follow these four simple tips to design a compelling job ad that attracts candidates.
Did you know that 73% of job seekers say the process of looking for a job is one of the most stressful events in life? But if you have the right job ad, it doesn’t have to be.
What is an effective job advertisement?
A successful job advertisement is succinct, straightforward, and to the point. This may be accomplished with the format you pick. Consider employing color coding, images, and creative typography to draw a potential candidate’s attention to your advertisement.
How to make your Job Ad get the desired attention?
1. Write An Accurate And Precise Job Description
To attract the best job candidates, you need to have the best job ad. While writing the job description, you need to be precise about the job and your expectations from the candidate. It may be helpful if you use bullet points to highlight what you want from the candidate since they are easier to read. Write job descriptions in an amicable tone that attracts the candidate and makes them want to apply for your job. Show the candidates how working for you will benefit them. Have a suitable job title, list the skills and experience you are looking for.
2. Pay Attention To The Design Of Your Job Ad
Assimilating visual aids in your job posting is a great way to attract the necessary attention to your job ad. 51% of the candidates claim that job ads are more appealing to them if they have pictorial representations, according to research performed by Software Advice. You need to have a simple yet unique design meant to highlight the roles and services expected from the applicants. Choose a template for your ad that goes with the culture of your organization.
3. Be Elaborate With Descriptions
While designing job advertisements, you need to be elaborate on the details and keep it concise at the same time. It would be best if you mention the company’s core values, missions, and vision statement. It would help if you also mentioned the salary in your job ad because that is the one thing candidates look for most in job ads. You can attract up to 30% more candidates if you mention the salary in your ad, research says.
4. Choose where you post your ad wisely.
Glassdoor states that 79% of job seekers use social media when conducting their job search. If you choose social media to be the platform where you place your ad, you need to make sure that you don’t follow the same strategy for every social media platform. It would help if you designed an ad campaign specially designed for each social media platform according to its target audience.
More Resources on “Why Isn’t Your Job Ad Attracting Strong Candidates? 4 Proven Ways To Make Your Job Ad Pop.”
- The recruitment process: 10 steps necessary for success – To be a great recruiter, you must master the 10 steps of the recruitment process. We describe each one in detail to set you for success. (resources.workable.com)
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Job Postings – We’ll show you how to harness the power of social media by using Facebook job postings to make your hiring process easier. (adespresso.com)
- 6 Ways to Tweak Your Job Descriptions to Attract Better Talent – Ensure that you attract the best candidates by writing clear and relevant job descriptions. Here are 6 ways to do just that. (zippia.com)
- 5 Ways to Make Sure Your Job Ads Get Seen – A few tips for optimising your job adverts’ reach so that they are seen by the right people. (theundercoverrecruiter.com)
- 20 Top Job Board for Diversity Hiring – Breezy HR – Looking for diverse talent? You’re not alone. In fact, 71% of companies say they want an inclusive culture. Here are the top job boards for diversity hiring. (breezy.hr)
- Top 10 Best Job Ad Examples – Check out the top 10 best job ad examples! Get a dose of inspiration and learn some handy tricks from the experts. (talentlyft.com)
- 8 Ways to Market Your Job Opening – Marketing can help not just to sell a product, but to find people as well. Here are eight ways to market a job opening so that you can get top candidates in the door. (talkingtalent.prosky.co)
- 5 Reasons Your Online Job Posting Isn’t Working and How to Fix It – Some hiring managers pay minimal attention to how they craft their online job posts. Learn how to optimize your job postings. (score.org)
- How to Maximize Your Free Indeed Job Posting in 6 Steps – At FitSmallBusiness, we use Indeed’s job posting options to find quality talent faster than with any other free or paid service (fitsmallbusiness.com)
- 7 things to include in your job postings (and 2 to leave out) – When you have a position to fill, your staff feels it. Therefore, finding and hiring the right people – fast – is essential to your success…. (resources.careerbuilder.com)
- 16 Tips for Writing the Perfect Job Description – Harver – Writing a highly converting job description isn’t easy, but it’s possible! We’ve collected 16 of the best practices for you to help you through the job description writing process. Include some, or all of these and you’ll be well on your way! (harver.com)
- Tips for Improving Your Hiring Process – businessnewsdaily.com – Searching for new talent? Here are seven hiring tips to improve your employee recruitment efforts. (businessnewsdaily.com)
- 12 recruitment methods you need to know about – Recruitee – Hiring isn’t a one size fits all gig. Different roles need different methods. We share various types of recruitment for creative hiring. Get reading. (blog.recruitee.com)
- 10 Creative Job Posts and Ads That Will Inspire Yours – Your job posts and ads may be a candidate’s introduction to your company, … Recruitment videos can be a great way to give candidates a sense of what life at your … in the fact that to apply, all candidates had to do was submit up to four memes … Email marketing service MailChimp isn’t afraid t… (linkedin.com)
- How to write a great job posting: 7 smart tips – Do you know how to write a great job posting that will attract the right candidates to your openings? Consider these seven smart tips. (insperity.com)
- How to Make Your Resume Stand Out, According to HR Executives – Two hiring managers share the best resume writing tips that will help you get noticed during the job interview process. (time.com)
- 70 Recruitment Statistics For Attracting Top Talent In 2021 – On the lookout for fresh talent? We’ve gathered the most relevant recruitment statistics to show what’s really going on in the industry in 2021. (smallbizgenius.net)
- 37% of candidates say they’ll move onto a new job posting if they can’t find information on the company. (adespresso.com)
- In a survey of potential job applicants, 51% said an image would make them more attracted to a job posting. (adespresso.com)
- In fact, according to a 2017 report published in the Harvard Business Review, cognitively diverse teams solve problems faster than teams of cognitively similar people. (breezy.hr)
- Gender-diverse companies are 15% more likely to outperform their competitors. (breezy.hr)
- Ethnically-diverse companies are 35% more likely to outperform their competitors. (breezy.hr)
- With 66% of full-time employees saying they’re far from achieving work-life balance, it’s no surprise that PowerToFly has such a solid following of candidates and employers such as Verizon, American Express and Lyft. (breezy.hr)
- A McKinsey study found that US public companies with a diverse executive board have a 95% higher return on equity than those with non-diverse boards. (breezy.hr)